Items you buy from Julian Foye’s four showrooms at Truro, St Austell, Wadebridge and Hayle (not including the Julian Foye Outlet – St Blazey – Outlet items are guaranteed for 12 months against manufacturers defects only) is covered by a Product Guarantee, against faulty or defective manufacture. The main structure of your furniture is guaranteed for 5 years and all other components for a period of 2 years. The guarantee excludes any result of normal wear and tear, improper care or accidental damage. This guarantee is an extra benefit and your normal statutory rights are not affected. The Product Guarantee is introduced for products delivered after 1st March 2013.
Upholstery: Items guaranteed for 5 years are frames, springs and webbing. Other components are guaranteed for 2 years; this includes recliner mechanisms, sofabed or storage actions, motors, ratchet headrests and armrests, adjustable seats, covers and stitching.
Dining, Bedroom and Occasional: Items guaranteed for 5 years are timber, veneers, structural stability and joints. Other components are guaranteed for 2 years; this includes handles, catches, hinges, interior fittings, light fittings (replaceable bulbs are not covered), drawer runners, and the multi-function or extension action of a dining or coffee table.
Beds: Items guaranteed for 5 years are frames, springs and structural stability. Other components are guaranteed for 2 years; this includes motors, drawers, adjustable mechanisms and ottoman storage mechanisms, covers and stitching. With a little planning, you can find the perfect bed for your needs and avoid voiding the warranty – check your existing base when buying a new mattress, any imperfections can affect your new mattress, the spacing between your slats on a bed base might void your guarantee, please discuss with our sales team what sort of base you will be using before making a mattress purchase. Protectors can be purchased at the time of ordering, we recommend protectors to help prolong the life of your mattress.
Carpets, Fabrics and Accessories (lamps, rugs, pictures etc): All such items are covered for 2 years against faulty manufacture.
If you discover a problem after the Guarantee period, please come and talk to us. Even though there may not be a “free of charge” route, we will do our best to work with you to find a solution.
Terms and conditions of the Guarantee
- The guarantee is non-transferable and valid from the date of original purchase only. Proof of purchase is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- General wear and tear, including staining, excessive soiling, abrasion, tears and burns, and accidental damage are excluded.
- Natural settlement and flattening of cushion interiors and bed fillings are excluded.
- The cracking of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or temperature is excluded.
- Dye transfer from non-colourfast plastics, fabrics and clothing (e.g. denim and throws) is excluded.
- Damage to the product caused by contact with hair products, body lotions or other cosmetics is excluded.
- Julian Foye reserves the right to meet its obligations under this guarantee by the means which it decides is most appropriate. This may involve rectifying the problem, arranging for the replacement of an unsatisfactory component or refunding part of the original purchase price.
- If goods are exchanged, or a total refund is given, the goods that are deemed faulty revert to the ownership of Julian Foye.
- The amount of any claim under the guarantee shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory merchandise.
- This guarantee does not cover non-domestic use and does not apply to goods which are taken outside the UK.
- The guarantee may be invalidated if the purchaser does not follow or carry out proper care procedures, in accordance with our or the manufacturer’s recommendations; or where the product has been adapted, abused or altered.
The Furniture Ombudsman**
We want you to enjoy complete peace of mind when you buy from us. We subscribe to The Furniture Ombudsman and abide by their Code of Practice, which enshrines our commitment to product quality and customer reassurance, and provides a readily accessible conciliation service.
**To find out more about The Furniture Ombudsman and how to use their service, visit www.fhio.org or telephone 0845 653 2064.