Julian & Son Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (T/A Julian Foye) – collectively referred to as “Julian Foye”, “we” or “us” in this policy.
Julian Foye (and trusted partners acting on your behalf) uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Julian Foye to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a police authority or in a legal dispute).
Julian Foye uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Julian Foye offers.
Julian Foye aims to update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
- Contacting Julian Foye via the contact channels set out in this policy.
We may analyse your browsing both on-line and in store, and your response to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Julian Foye only allows its service providers to handle personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Julian Foye and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Julian Foye will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Julian Foye to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules and data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we normally hold any data is 20 years.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
– your name and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your on-line browsing activities on Julian Foye websites;
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communication with Julian Foye, and
our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in the policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, or when you send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected directly, for example your browsing, shopping activity and entering our competitions. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Julian Foye is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– regular assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– regular planning to ensure we are ready to respond to security incidents;
– security controls which protect the entire Julian Foye IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training employees
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Julian Foye will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from a Julian Foye asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Julian Foye processing customer personal data
Julian Foye collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customers; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for legitimate interests of Julian Foye, including:
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Julian Foye, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Julian Foye;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement action taken against Julian Foye; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our website are designed by:
– Julian Foye, or on behalf of Julian Foye.
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Julian Foye (currently by Yell Ltd).
At the following website address it will explain behavioural targeting in more detail and will allow you to opt-out of being targeted for any behavioural advertising by any member of the Internet Advertising Bureau, including Yell Limited – www.youronlinechoices.com
What are cookies used for?
The main purpose for which cookies are used are:
1. Technical purposes for the effective operation of our website, particularly for the site navigation.
2. For Julian Foye to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Julian Foye to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Terms & Conditions for the Julian Foye Monthly Prize Draw
• There is 1 prize item, chosen each month from our stock of furniture and accessories or vouchers for local suppliers.
• Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on the last day of each month.
• Only one entry per person.
• The winner will be chosen at random.
• The winner will be informed within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond and claim their prize within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen.
• The winner’s name will be available on request and may be published in the Julian Foye social media accounts.
• The prize, with notice, can be made available for collection from any of our four show rooms Truro –St Austell – Wadebridge or Hayle.
• The promoter is Julian Foye the furnishers.
• By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• There is no cash alternative for the prize.
If you have any questions about how Julian Foye uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by the following means:
– e-mail us at: email@example.com
– write to us: F.A.O. Keith Worrall (Data Protection Officer), Julian Foye, 8 Manfield Way, Holmbush, St Austell, PL25 3HQ.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk
This policy was last updated July 2021